Reading List

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Life In 250 Words

I'm a procrastinator with big plans. I'd love to see this blog really take off and go somewhere. The problem I've been noticing with myself is lack of planning and writer's block. I stumbled upon Jenni from the blog Story of My Life's "Blog Everyday in May Challenge". Well, challenge accepted. I'm gonna have to tweak this a bit since I usually make it a point to stay off the computer on weekends.  Maybe I'll make up Saturdays and Sundays on Mondays or something. Any who, This is day one.

"Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)"

So here's my story:


My name is Kimberly Marie Dale I was born April 28th 1987. I grew up in the small town of Avoca, and have lived in this part of Pennsylvania my whole life. I live with my dog, my dad, my sister and my niece. I have an older brother and younger sister. My parents were married and living together up until 3 years ago when they separated and my mom got her own place. I graduated high school in ‘05’ and College in ‘09’. I have a bachelor’s degree in Visual Art from Keystone College. I work as a Production Artist for a greeting card company near Scranton Pennsylvania. Towards the end of my college career I lived with and was engaged to a guy who turned out to be a really awful person. When that was over my dog and I went live with my dad. This past year my family and I have had to help my dad get through a scary little battle with cancer, and have offered our hands in helping my sister raise her daughter. I met my wonderful boy friend almost a year ago. I love to paint, take photographs, and digitally design. I have always been a very big nerdy tomboy but I love being girly too. I really want to be a better blogger some day. I’ve gone through some pretty rough patches over the last five years but I finally feel like I’m in a happy place with the right people. 


Cheers to this blogging thing ya'll.









Photo by me via Instagram @koolaidkd09

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! :) I hope things are good on the other side of that loser fiance. Come over and say hi sometime!
    Like Ordinary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wish!!! And yes things are soo much better without the loser fiance! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey great post! Must have been tough for you all your dad having cancer but good to hear he is ok now. Your job sounds cool too, I'd love to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It was tough with my dad being sick. We're very fortunate that it wasn't worse he's been cancer free since an operation he had this past December. It was a scary experience but it taught me to apprieciate my life and those in it a whole lot more. My job has its cool moments hopefully someday I'll be able to start my own design business. :)

      Delete