Reading List

Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog Every Day in May Weekend Catch-up!

I totally slacked off last week and decided not to do Friday's topic so this is gonna be long. I'm going to have to play catch up some more with Jenni from the blog Story of My Life's 
"Blog Everyday in May Challenge. Days 17, 18, 19, and 20 are:

Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why

Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. 
Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them

Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.



A Favorite photo of Me


This photo is my favorite of me it's from about 3 years ago. It was around the time I started wearing my hair short, and I got some blond underneath and I loved it. I think I look very rock star here.



A Childhood Story

Me in first grade.

     A pretty scary story I have from my childhood happened the summer before first grade. My family have always been campers, it was my parent's vacation of choice all the time. I didn't even see the ocean until I was eighteen because we camped instead of going anywhere else. The last day of our trip my mom, little sister and I, went to one of the little wooden playgrounds at the campground. It had rained the night before and there were wet leaves over most of the playground. While climbing up this wooden jungle gym I slipped on a wet leaf and landed face first on a rock. I remember my mom and my little sister freaking out as we ran back to the campsite. My mouth was bleeding pretty bad and when my dad checked me he found out I chipped a little triangle out of the center my two front teeth. We packed up our camp super quick, I remember riding with my dad in my grandfather's truck home. I was pretty upset and it was a long quiet ride. When we got home my mom cleaned me up and got me an emergency dentist appointment. Up until that point I had never had a cavity, this was my first time getting a novocaine shot in the mouth and it was pretty terrifying. They fixed me up and once I got home I was relieved until my brother told me my teeth were fake. I got upset again but my parents assured me my teeth were sill real. We didn't go camping for a few years right after this, but I still love to camp, playgrounds and heights just scared the hell out of my for a little while.   


Top Five Favorite Blogs

I have a big list of blogs I follow but my top 5 are:



I just Started reading Jenni's blog and I adore it. All of her photography is beautiful, so is her writing and her love story and her life. I'm very grateful for this blogging challenge she started, it's lighting the fire under my butt that I needed to dive into blogging more. 



I stumbled upon Lauren's blog from her sister Kate's blog "The small things blog" which I also follow. Kate is the "Pinterest Hair girl". Lauren though has a wonderful sense of humor, style and addiction to cats that brightens my day. I want like, ALL, of her clothes and her High Five for Friday Link up is the bomb.



I haven't been following Bridget's blog for a very long time either but I Love it. She is so gorgeous, and such a wonderful mother and writer. Her love story and family story is so powerful. I admire her courage and love of others.  Her style is also amazing.



This is Jess and she is awesome. She makes great art, has a ridiculous sense of humor that I relate to, has a lovely little family complete with rock star handsome toddler son. I really like her funny stories and beautiful photography. Her DIYs are very hip as is she. 



My Number one favorite blog, Joanna got me hooked on the blog world with her blog A Cup of Jo. Joanna has fabulous taste and is one of my favorite writers. I stumbled upon her articles on Glamour a while ago. There are lot of writers and articles on there but I was quickly drawn to Joanna's writing style, and choice of topics. After becoming pregnant with her son Toby she stopped writing for glamour , that's when I started going to her blog. I could see myself aspiring to be a writer and blogger just like her.  She is also a great mom, it's been very fun to follow her, and watch her family grow. 


I love all these beautiful intelligent lady bloggers.  I feel like I know them, I'm very grateful to them for sharing their stories and lives and introducing others to new things everyday. Blogging has some truly wonderful benefits.



A Struggle



     Something I've been struggling with since college is keeping up with my art. I got my BA in visual arts in 2009 and it's been really difficult staying motivated to do creative things. I tell myself that this blog and Instagram are good outlets but I miss fine art. I've used the excuse of no space a lot, I have a point there, though, I love to keep my work up so I can just attack it whenever I want, and I still live at home.  With my baby niece in the house limits my mediums because some artists processes have some wiced fumes. I do lots of graphic design work at my job and on the side though I don't feel it's quite the same. Hopefully I'll find a way to balance my life better and make more room for fine art soon.


Enjoy the rest of your Monday!





First two and last picture are by Me. The bloggers's pictures are from each of their blogs linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment