Reading List

Friday, May 10, 2013

Most Embarrassing Moment

For day ten of Jenni from the blog Story of My Life's "Blog Everyday in May Challenge I've got a story. The blog assignment is: 

Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

This is me in college on the suspension bridge on campus.

     My most embarrassing moment happened during my college orientation weekend. Keystone College does a weekend camping trip for the incoming freshman class. It is usually on the weekend before the start of the fall semester. My freshman group went to Camp Chen-A-Wanda in Thompson, PA. Back then I was a really shy young woman and kind of a follower. I connected via myspace with a few of my fellow freshman before the trip and kind of shadowed them around when the groups weren't doing any activities. On the second afternoon a group of us were hanging out by a swing set at the camp.  I decided to sit on one of the swings and well one of it's chains snapped. I fell on my ass right in front of everyone, not to mention the handful of freshman who were probably gonna be pretty popular by the time we got back to campus.  Everyone laughed at me bad, I tried to not make it look like a big deal and laugh it off myself, but I was pretty mortified. I went back to my cabin and called my mom and cried like a baby.  It was probably the worst first impression I've ever given. The incident was talked about for about a week after but everyone eventually forgot and I did get quite a few friends out of the camping trip. I have a lot more self esteem and confidence then I did back then so if something like that were to happen to me today I really don't think I would get that upset about it, but at the time is was pretty devastating. The picture above doesn't have much to do with this post other than it's college Kim, and I'm a very different person now. 



Photo by: Me  


No comments:

Post a Comment