Reading List

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Glass with Class


Every now and again my friends and I get together for a fun night of themed drinking. In the summer we'll have "Margarita Mondays", or "Tini Tuesdays"...etc.  Last night we got together for "Wine Wednesday". We all enjoyed some cheese, fruit, chocolate and of course delicious wine. My friend Christine, our hostess for the evening, got the girls special Lolita wine glasses. They are these lovely and humorous hand painted glasses that have become very popular around my area. They sell them at Hallmark stores and a stand in the local mall and are very collectible. Lolita makes a variety of glassware ranging from martini to shot glasses. They even make mini ornament glasses for your Christmas tree.   They make a glass for just about anyone's personality, hobby, or special occasion.  Best of all, they are all cleverly named and come with their own special drink mixing instructions painted on each glass's base.  Out of my girl friends I've been known as the one with a bit of a dirty mind and potty mouth so I was given the "Dirty Wine Glass", shown above. They also make  a "Dirty Martini" glass; I have the Christmas ornament version of that. I think these are really great gifts, and conversation pieces. I think a collection of them would look very cool in a china cabinet.  


Photo from: Lolitaglasses.com

No comments:

Post a Comment