Reading List

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY Tuesday: Button Necklace

Hello again! Last night I went crafty crazy and made my self a mismatched button necklace. I'm a member of the website Pinterest.com, Which is chalk full of great ideas for EVERYTHING. I saw a similar necklace someone posted under the category D.I.Y. I thought to myself I have buttons laying around the house I'm going to make that! Well I was mistaken about having a lot of buttons to use, but it's amazing how many buttons you can find in random drawers all over the house. My quest for buttons took longer than it did to make the necklace, but patience is definitely required for this craft project. I attempted to used elastic cord that I had, but that started getting frustrating, so I just used ordinary gray thread. I'm very happy with the outcome and have received a bunch of compliments on it today! I hope this inspires some jewelry making!

Photos by: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment